(Aden Ali Sugal)
First, I would like to welcome warmly both the political transformation that happened in the country and the new prime minister as well. as we are all aware of, our new Prime Minister Dr. Abiyi Ahmed Ali has travelled his first Historic intrastate visit to eastern Ethiopia, Somali soil & it’s capital city of Jigjiga after six (6) days of his election which marks historic meaningful day for Ethiopian Somali.
That was the wisdom behind that visit —?
As we know Almighty Allah gives the earth ( Universe) the sunlight from the eastern direction (day time) early in the morning and that is where the sun shines towards the earth, in addition to that the universe gets the shine of the moon from the eastern direction (night time), too. And if there is no sun/moon shine no life is possible in this Universe. Furthermore, our country Ethiopia which is located in eastern Africa gets its sun/moon shine from the eastern direction of the country.
Beginning of the work and tracking of the direction of Ethiopian shine by Dr Abiy Ahmed
Dr. Abiy Ahmed Ali asked himself while he was in central Ethiopia, (Addis Ababa) the capital city of the country and home of Pan-Africanism some of the following questions:
Where is the shine of Ethiopia?, Who is the backbone of Ethiopian unity?, What wounds need to be healed first?, How to send clear signal and bright future for nations, nationalities and peoples to live in peace, harmony and prosper together?
And thought where to start his strategic Visit after his election within six (6) days of observation he encountered the following events:
On his first day when he woke up early in the morning, while he was preparing himself for his first day of work as a PM he glanced the sun rays on the eastern direction and saw inside the sun the letter ‘S’ which was shining highly.
On his second day when he woke up he glanced the sun rays on the eastern direction as usual and saw inside the sun the letter ‘O’ which was shining as the previous one
On his third day when he got up, he glanced the sun rays on the eastern direction as usual and saw inside the sun the letter ’M’ which was shining as those he had seen the first two days.
On his fourth day he got up and having glanced the sun rays on the eastern direction as usual he saw inside the sun the letter ‘A’ which was shining greatly.
On his fifth day he got up and having glanced the sun rays on the eastern direction as usual and he saw inside the sun the letter ‘L’ which was shining very well.
On his sixth day he got up early in the morning with a great aim of where to start his historical visit across the country. Having some hint from five days passed he glanced the sun rays on the eastern direction and finally saw inside the sun the letter ‘I’ which was shining. After adding those six letters he had seen his six (6) days in the throne Dr. Abiy Ahmed Ali got a full word (SOMALI).
Beginning of the work his fruitful decision and starting first historic visit of Dr abiy ahmed ali to Eastern Ethiopia and Somali sol.
After analyzing what he had seen in the sun for those six (6) days the PM has got the following key points:
- He realized the shine of Ethiopia is from the eastern direction and Ethiopian Somali Soil is the shine of Ethiopia.
- He also realized that Ethiopian Somali region is the center of Ethiopian unity.
- He got the point that Ethiopian Somali region is the backbone of the Ethiopian matual co-existance and upholding of federalism system at current time.
- He had also understood that Ethiopian Somali is the fastest rising region in Ethiopia in terms of peace and development.
- So he finally decided that Ethiopian Somali region deserves to be the first regional state to be visited. And he started his first PEACE AND SHINE INTRASTATE VISIT to Somali Soil.
WHAT DR. ABIY AHMED ALI HAS ENCOUNTERED THE VISIT OF ETHIOPIAN SOMALI…….?
At Jig-jigaGaraadWilwal International Airport, Awaiting was Ethiopian Somali Regional higher officials led By Regional President AbdiMahamud Omar and elders of the Region to Warmly welcome the PM and his delegation to Jigjiga After short rest at The airport VIP area, the delegation led by PM on the way from Airport to the City met Region’s Community of all ages Standing the two sides of the road and waving the federal Flag to welcome the New Prime minister who leads the nation on a new Path. Shortly after returning from visiting the sites of major Developmental projects of the city, the Prime minister Entered the Newly built Kali Conference Hall which has the design of Somali Cultural home where the PM again Received another warm welcome by Regional Garaads, Ugaas, Suldaan, religious leaders, respectful Community Leaders and the city residents.
On the Other side The Regional GaraadsUgaas, suldaans and other respectful religious Leaders, have put the Voice and thanked the prime minister for making Somali Region his first visit.
The Prime minister took the stage and made a remarkable speech, by Beginning the Greeting in Somali language “Hambalyo iyo salaam, dhamaan shacabweynaha somaalida itoobiya” which means I am forwarding you Congratulation and warm full greeting to all Ethiopian Somali society and made a fruitful discussion with the participants of the meeting. By and large during his visit he encountered the following:
- He saw a society that are the true symbol of Ethiopianism with a sense of belongingness and who respects the mutual co-existence and tolerance of diversity.
- He saw an awared Society whom their leaders, elders, religious leaders, scholars, women and their youth are united and having common Vision.
- He saw a peace loving region having 100% peace and geared towards development and sustainable economic growth.
- He saw the real existence of Regional state government and party that are standing to uphold and enhance the common good of their society and their wellbeing.
- He saw a region which is led by a transformational and visionary leader President AbdiMohamud Omer who led and initiated peace and development strategies that changed the region within a short period of time.
- He eventually expressed us his love and gratitude to us.
Finally, I would like to congratulate our new PM for his historic, bold, extraordinary and strategic steps to build peace and stabilities and rise hope and enhance development in the region and in the country as well. In addition to, What i never forget is our prime minister’s real quote of “When we live we are Ethiopian, when we die we are Ethiopian” and usage of Somali saying during his speech at Kali Conference Hall which tells the Somali proverb and says “Wixii umusha u roon ayaa Ilmahana u roon” which means what is good for the mother is good for the child. May Allah make you easy the responsibility you shouldered for the country, May you live long DrAbiy Ahmed Ali!
Respect and honor for our leaders.